August 2017 is our Centennial month. August 5, 1917, the 82nd Division was approved and funded by the US War Department and August 25, 1917, the Division was formed. All month we are honoring our 100-year legacy.
Who we are...
The 82nd Airborne Division Association is for anyone who ever served in the 82nd Airborne Division, and anyone who is currently serving on active duty on jump status; or, has ever served in any of the uniformed services on either jump or glider status and was honorably discharged. The Association was organized in England, prior to the Normandy invasion (1944). We have members who have served with the 11th, 13th, 17th, 82nd, 101st Airborne Divisions; 187th, 503rd, 508th Airborne Regimental Combat Teams; 173rd Airborne Brigade (Separate) as well as troopers from Special Forces, Airborne Rangers, Marine Corps Recon, Navy SEALS, and Air Force Special Tactics personnel.
Our Mission Statement
- Further develop the bond between current and past Airborne forces of the U.S. Military
- Maintain a record of the history and accomplishments of Airborne Troopers.
- Maintain a close liaison with active Division.
- Support the 82nd Airborne Division Memorial Museum.
- Provide scholarships through the Association Educational Fund to recently separated Active Duty Troopers and Dependent Children of Veterans, and Active Duty Troopers.
- Honor the Jumpmaster, NCO & Trooper of the Year
- Provide support to Veteran and Active Wounded Warriors of the Division.